I Forge Iron

Feedback

Old oak

Ok more just a test to try and figure out this picture posting thing but feel free to let me know what y’all think. 

First one is I think my 8th or so attempt at forging. Second was about 12th and the third was about number 10. Bit out of order but I’m progressing with the finishes. 

The last one is a pair of bird trout knives and a  spear point skinner I’m currently working on. Still debating on the handle materials but I’m thinking maybe a moose guard and a rosewood handle. 

I’m hoping to get a nice belt grinder instead of the cheap delta 4/36”  that should help with a lot of the finish shaping issues I think  

Let me know what y’all think and give me any suggestions. and hopefully I posted this time. 

E7C2FAF9-CBE4-4D3F-985F-75629C4043A6.jpeg

9E542805-67C4-4770-9C5E-727DC7444ADC.jpeg

06AE08B0-1FA6-4BF2-8EC7-012E39C9EF51.jpeg

4E59D3F2-DB0E-4E35-8FC9-3B67553680C8.jpeg

You have it however you should resize the pictures so they don't take up so much bandwidth\data. A lot of members have to rely on dial up or pay extra for data. You have 30 min to edit a post and double click the picture and a box opens up to resize. I use 500 for the width and tab over and it automatically resets the height.

Your knives look good to me.