I Forge Iron

Hallo from Augusta, GA!

Hey guys! My name is Mickey, and I've been lurking about this site since November and finally registered. I was directed to I Forge Iron by John Bennett, whom I met in Bridgeton, IN while visiting my father and step-mother. I'm a bit of a tinkerer and have been attempting to build a forge (amongst other projects) since I was 17. I'm now 28 and have finally built a brickpile forge and am working on another. Its on The List. ;) Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for providing such a great site. I'm blown away by the amount of information that you have collected. Thanks again!
Mickey

Thanks for the welcome! I will attempt to post some pics, but after only a few weeks of pounding, I don't really have much to show for my efforts other than a pile of mangled flattish, squarish, and roundish (emphasis on the 'ish') metal of various origins. I'm still trying to figure out how metal moves and such. My mom and girlfriend think my work is amazing, but they're required to! I'm assuming its the same thing mom did with my finger paintings in kindergarten. Anyways, I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how.

• 2 weeks later...