I Forge Iron

Forge and attached cottage available

Having been the resident smith for the last 7 years,  I am relinquishing the lease of the old forge in the village of Didbrook, GL54, and the landlord is very interested in maintaining the property as a forge.

The lease is for the forge, the adjoining 3 bedroom cottage, a sizeable shed (bigger than the forge, but no electricity or water), some small outbuildings, including a pig house, and approximately 2 acres of orchard/garden.

It is located on the Stanway Estate, in a very charming part of the north Cotswolds, 5 minutes outside Winchcombe in northern Gloucestershire.

The property is quite large, and would suit someone who is interested in perhaps keeping a few sheep, or a horse, or a small holding of some kind. 

If this might be of interest to you or anyone you know, please contact me to discuss and/or I can put you in touch with the landlord, or feel free to contact him directly yourself.

Please contact me at; didbrookforge@gmail.com

Or contact the landlord, Lord Wemyss, directly; http://www.stanwayfountain.co.uk (there is a phone number)