I Forge Iron

Can anyone positively identify this blower?

Keith Kelley

My girlfriend and I bought this blower at an antique shop with the intent of restoring it to use. In trying to look up the manufacturer so I could watch some youtubes, I noticed we had stumbled on an oddity or rarity of some sort.

Note how it looks almost exactly like a Champion No. 40, but lacks a couple characteristic curvy bits and the obvious complete lack of "Lancaster" anywhere on it. Nowhere I've looked (mostly google), and no one I've asked (a couple of librarians, a historian, and a couple facebook groups) seems to have any information on it.

The Athens Hardware Company absolutely had the manufacturing capability to make their own case and probably even to make a Champion knockoff. I'm pretty convinced it's a Champion #40 rebranded other at Champion or at Athens Steam Company for Athens Hardware Company.

I took these 6 pictures of different parts. Can anyone look at their Champion No. 40 and confirm for me that it is the same?

Thanks,

Keith

20170905_193523.jpg

20170905_193553.jpg

20170905_193618.jpg

20170905_193622.jpg

20170905_193648.jpg

20170905_193718.jpg