I Forge Iron

my forge

clw1985

i built a forge........err am in the process of assembling the forge...heres what i did,
i got a hold of 3 small gas grill sized propane tanks, cracked the valves blew em out removed two valves. on one tanks i cut off the top and bottom till it was just a big pipe basically, cut off the valve side of the other, then welded to the one i cut both sides off of, put a 1,16th gap in the square joint and welded it full with a mig, then i cut the bottom off the third one, leaving the propane valve still in tact, and welded that with the same procedure to the middle tank...so its long enough to what ever i want....i should mention that i put an "easy access" door on side that goes nearly the full length of the body so i can replace the heat resistance on the insides and all that, i followed the "flying turtle forge" plans except with a different body design so i can experiment with a large space, still working on a burner i havent decided on the best design all my pipes are connected i got a blower so thanks for the direction i got from every one earlier.