I Forge Iron

Help Identifying Champion Blower

Muddi1

I have the opportunity to pick this forge and blower for a very reasonable price and a bit of drive time on my part. I have searched the interweb and I am having a bit of difficulty finding information on the Champion Forge and Blower Co. #1 blower.

I also searched the option of a #11 with no avail. I realize the forge itself may be beyond repair but I have one and my primary interest is the blower. The plan is repairing/restoring it to 100% function if possible. To me it looks as though there is a top over missing and the piping. Current owner states the blower turns "with a bit of WD-40 sprayed on the gears".

Any advice or assistance identifying the blower itself is greatly appreciated.

Champion #1 pic 1.jpg

Champion #1 pic 2.jpg

Champion #1 pic 3.jpg

Yes, I have used one. I had difficulty identifying it too, at first. The duct tape threw me off. That is classic isn't it. I had to completely revamp this guys forge at the village museum. It turns my stomach to see a  historical display and then ......DUCT TAPE !!!!!!

This is not a no. 1 in so much as it is referred to as the LANCASTER

It is their bottom of the line blower. But they do have the Eureka so.........either way, the sales catalog says this is the low level blower. The 400 is tops and Mid-Way is the...........ahhhh.....well......midway between the two.

Funny, in that I don't see the Lancaster blower mounted to anything in catalog. It is stand alone, but the Mid-Way and 400 both mount direct onto may forges they made.

Lancaster Blower.jpg