I Forge Iron

just joined... looking at a vulcan anvil?

On 7/22/2016 at 10:59 AM, ThomasPowers said:

One other thing:  over the years I have noticed that *having* an anvil seems to lure in others.  So start making stuff to pay off that one and have a stash of cash ready for when the *next* one sidles near....

Very true! The extra mass of an  anvil increases your gravitational effect on other anvils dramatically... In my experience, people either have no anvils, or 3+ anvils :P Over the last month, I've suddenly started practically tripping over the things! The more I buy, the easier it is to find them! 

No i have not bagged the fisher yet. Its sitting in the welding shop at an oil refinery i frequently work. The mainenace manager who runs the weld shop(who is a rean cool dude and likes me to boot) was on vacation. I just spoke with him on the phone and asked him about it. He told me he would ask the uppers of the plant and to call him back tomorrow. He's been there 20+ years and pretty much runs the show, so im hopefull and have my fingers crossed.

On 7/24/2016 at 5:08 AM, Everything Mac said:

But come on Xpert - did you bag that Fisher too? 

9 hours ago, Twilight Fenrir said:

Very true! The extra mass of an  anvil increases your gravitational effect on other anvils dramatically... In my experience, people either have no anvils, or 3+ anvils :P Over the last month, I've suddenly started practically tripping over the things! The more I buy, the easier it is to find them! 

Im hopeing i can snag the fisher. If i do im planning on maybe selling the vulcan i just bought. I know a ferrier whos wanting to replace his anvil but said he cant afford to pay what people are wanting for them. Figured i would offer it to him what i payed for it $200. Just to get my money back. He was one of the people i called when i started looking for an anvil.