I Forge Iron

Just been given the following link, it may be of interest to some since the subject comes up for discussion now and then...

http://www.greatbusiness.gov.uk/taking-on-an-apprentice/

Although the opening page of this would seem to infer, photographically, that to apply one needs to be a prat, an unconvincing drag-queen or a seventies time-traveller, a quick scan of the text will reveal that this is not necessarily the case.

Apologies if it is already known, I've not been following IFI as often as I once used to.

I think the problem in the Uk currently is that blacksmithing apprenticeships do not currently exist  until the college course that underpins the apprenticeship is redeveloped. Unless something has changed recently that I do not know about.

Edited by basher

• 4 weeks later...

At first glance; £1500 Apprenticeship Grant for Employers.

Let me break that down;

-£1000 to buy little Timmy a return flight + room and board near some industrial forging facility in the Indian Subcotinent.

+£500 indenture fee paid to me by the proprietor of said facility for a year of little Timmy's labour (plus training, I guess).

Leaving a balance of £1000 for me for a fortnight of beer and skittles in Tenerife!

God Save the Queen!