I Forge Iron

Hi everyone.

Conan_568

I just want to introduce myself, and give a little of my smithing background.
My name is David, I live on Vancouver Island and have been forging knives since the 80s.
I specialize in ladder pattern Damascus steel which is a classic pattern and when done right will hold it's own against any patterns appearance.

I've really been impressed by the talent on this site, there are some amazing smiths here and I plan on dabbling in ornamental ironwork a bit.
For you new Bladesmiths out there, feel free to ask for help, I taught myself and I know how frustrating it can be sometimes.

Best regards,
David.

4014.attach

David (AKA) Conan 568
Welcome to I Forge Iron.
David, I would say your new IFI shoes fit you perfectly already.
I am often amazed of what each new member of IFI brings to the table.
Some smiths like your self who are experienced and have already mastered a certain area of the craft offers new view points that open up new parameters to some issues that seemed to be already etched in stone.
Then there are the new beginning smiths that walk through the doorway of IFI.
A lot of them start with only one tool, and that is desire!
I have followed the progress, and have been plesently suprised and pleased of what some of the new smiths have achieved in a very short time due to the expertise freely given on this web site from smiths like your self.
The steepness of the learning curve levels out pretty fast for the new smith due to the valued and freely given expertise shared on this site!
We become family helping family members of the blacksmithing family!
Glad you are aboard.
Be safe!
Old Rusty Ted