I Forge Iron

Hello from MN

GVR-4579

Hi there everyone, I just signed up and will be mostly just browsing through for information and ideas. I am a machinist and mechanic, i restore antique tractors for a living. I have a simple setup in an old garage for my blacksmithing shop. Just a small coal forge recently updated with an electric blower, 125lb Anvil, a nice swedge block, and a good variety of hammers and tongs are what i have to work with now. I am working on a line shaft and setting up my 50lb little giant trip hammer and a few other line tools. I plan to have the line shaft capable of running on an old gas engine but also to have an electic motor available for ease or use. Anyways i have been blacksmithing on and off since i was big enough to use a hammer, but havent been serious enough to accumulate alot of talent. I have been going pretty strong now forging every day for the last month or so and am seeing alot of improvement.

Look forward to meeting you all, Erik