I Forge Iron

Dive demo Lake Rawlings Va and Wake Forest NC

DSW

A bit late, but I figured I'd toss this out anyways. I meant to post this a while back but with my poor internet connections and work I forgot.

This Sat Sept 21 and Sun Sept 22 9am to 4pm, at Lake Rawlings Va, I'll be helping DiveRite out with a dive gear demo. Any certified scuba divers who want to come out and join us are welcome. ( it gets real boring for us if no one shows up... laughing.gifhi.gif)

If you want to dive, you'll need your mask, fins, and exposure suit. Having your own cylinder would be helpful as our cylinders are for the sidemount demos. We'll have BC's, regs and other gear for people to try out. Even if you don't want to dive, but just come and size gear or talk about different gear configurations you are welcome. Demos ( other than the rebreather demos) are free, but you have to cover the park admission yourself.

Here's a chance to try sidemount diving, back inflation BCD's, learn about stage rigging for deco or pony cylinders, talk about rebreathers and so on. The idea of the demo is to expose divers to things they might not have had a chance to try before. We don't have stuff to sell, but are there so you get exposed to stuff you may not be aware of. Everyone always has a great time. If you've never done doubles, or if you are like me and have back and leg issues,and are finding singles just too much, you owe it to yourself to come out and try sidemount. Those with kids that are into diving should also attend. Diverite has a great kids program that lets you upgrade the kids BCD when they get older to a larger size. It really pays vs having to buy new gear because they out grew it.

http://www.diverite.com/calendar/v/011/9/2013/21/

Pete's also doing a similar demo on Saturday Sept 28th 10AM-4PM at Fantasy Lake Scuba Park, Wake Forest, NC. Friday night, 6pm Sept 27th, he's doing a presentation at Rum Runner Dive Shop Winterville, NC. Pete's photo presentations are always top notch and worth the time if you have never been to one. Tell Pete Doug sent you. I'm not sure yet if I'll make the one on Sat in NC yet. I have to check with my buddy who helps cover the fuel if he can get off work for that one as well and wants to go. Everyone else is still invited if they just want to come and talk dive stuff with Pete. He'll have all the same demo stuff there that he has at Rawlings this weekend.

http://www.diverite.com/calendar/v/011/9/2013/28/

A few generic picts from past demos. 1st one is me on sidemount for those who may not be familiar with it. I'm showing that the cylinder location doesn't change your trim while diving. That's why I'm holding the cylinder out in front of me for the pict.

post-25608-0-73071700-1379641017_thumb.j

post-25608-0-99901900-1379641056_thumb.j

post-25608-0-09134700-1379641663_thumb.j

post-25608-0-44340800-1379641667_thumb.j