I Forge Iron

post-2027-0-31037900-1377538706_thumb.jpOK, So I bought this hammer and still have to go and get it some time in the next few weeks.  The guy I bought it off of doesn't know anything about it.  I initially thought that it was a Champion, but now I am not so sure.  Can anybody shed some light? I have not seen it in person yet so I have little to go on.

The bar connecting the hammer head to the concentric wheel at the top is way to long. There is no way to adjust the hammerer up. The hammer and anvil would not be tuching while the hammer is at rest. Some one messed it up. It will need repair. Also the hammer head has been snapped off at the guide at one point and you can see where it was brazed back together.

Good Luck, It is a fun looking hammer but needs a total rebuild!

I studied the photos for a while on ebay. I hope to see it repaired and running again soon!

I believe that's an Minneapolis Iron Store Giant. They were the only hammer im aware of that used that captured loop spring. There is/was one for sale in the New Orleans area. Very little to no information available for them, only reference I know of is a small paragraph and poor pic in "Pounding Out the Profits".