I Forge Iron

!!!Need Help!!!

Ok. First I want to express my utter ignorance on the farrier sciences. I have no intention of shoeing a horse or even making a shoe but I do have an interesting question.

I just got an email from a gentleman looking for clarification of something he has read in a book. Here is a part of the email for you to see:

"...I am in the process of reading a historical novel "The Teutonic Knights" by Henryk Sienkiewicz, Who also wrote "Quo Vadis" which Hollywood turned into a movie. In the first few pages, one of the heroes of the book discribes his family crest saying "Our Family's coat-of-arms is the Blunt Horseshoe...". Can you possibly discribe what is a blunt horseshoe? My family coat-of-arms is also a horseshoe, and I am curious as to what is a blunt horseshoe..."

Anybody have an idea of what a blunt horseshoe is? Any references would be great too for me to pass on to him.

I know somebody out there knows something that could help this guy...
Peyton

Google Centaur Forge (or simply go to their website if you have the link) and search on "blunt". You will see a selection of blunt toe shoes. I'm not sure if you could see much technical difference on a coat of arms but I suppose someone could look at them side by side and make a determination.

Ok. First I want to express my utter ignorance on the farrier sciences. I have no intention of shoeing a horse or even making a shoe but I do have an interesting question.

I just got an email from a gentleman looking for clarification of something he has read in a book. Here is a part of the email for you to see:

"...I am in the process of reading a historical novel "The Teutonic Knights" by Henryk Sienkiewicz, Who also wrote "Quo Vadis" which Hollywood turned into a movie. In the first few pages, one of the heroes of the book discribes his family crest saying "Our Family's coat-of-arms is the Blunt Horseshoe...". Can you possibly discribe what is a blunt horseshoe? My family coat-of-arms is also a horseshoe, and I am curious as to what is a blunt horseshoe..."

Anybody have an idea of what a blunt horseshoe is? Any references would be great too for me to pass on to him.

I know somebody out there knows something that could help this guy...
Peyton

Suggest you querrry the American Farrier's Association. Dan:)