I Forge Iron

Getting ahead of myself here...

Well I was so eager to delve into the fantastic wealth of information here over the last month or two that I've posted some discussions ,but forgot to introduce myself !

So hello .

My name is Isaac, and I have an incurable disease...an illness of most horrific proportions. I have an insaitable apetitie to master the manipulation of metals. There's no turning back... no remedy...no escape. I will strike sparking steel until my hands no longer possess the strength to grasp my hammer and tongs .

Okay so maybe that sounded a little too hardcore. Honestly, I am on a major learning curve. I have a general interest in the craft of blacksmithing ,but my specific and keen attention is focused on blades.Ever since I was in my early teens, I experimented with bladesmithing ,and I am still on that road. I've been influenced and inspired notably by David Delagardelle of Cedarlore Forge ,as well as other amazing craftsmen such as Owen Bush, Ben Potter ,and Jake Powning. One day ,I hope to be able to do as quality of work as they do.

As of now, I'm working on building up both my tools and skills, and have created an experimental business/workshop very recently https://www.facebook.com/OfHiltAndHammer  I look forward to contributing to this site and (virtually) meeting some of the incredibly talented craftsmen here