I Forge Iron

new to this forum

Dave M

I would like to introduce myself. My name is dave , I live in southern coastal maine. I have been welding and fabricating since my teens and blacksmithing since my late 20's. my first shop was our old llama barn 16x10. I am finishing up building my new shop 16x26 two story, I get the first floor 10' ceilings concrete floor and my wife who is a warm glass artist will get the second floor. This has been a long road as I work full time and am doing the construction my self with the help of a few friends. So I would just like to take this time to say hi.

Welcome, Dave!

This is a great place to browse around, get ideas, share tips and techniques, and ask questions. Lots of knowledge passing through here at any given time.

On Tuesday night, and 10 PM eastern, there is a live Blueprint session. You can find the link to that page on the opening page of IFI. Always plenty of chairs if you would like to join us.

Don't forget to post pictures of your work in the gallery, which is a great resource in it's own right.

Again, welcome to IFI, enjoy your stay!!