I Forge Iron

Hi.

JROSE

I just found this site through anvilfire and joined up. I'm just getting started
in blacksmithing though I've been interested for as long as I can remember.
There's not any classes close enough for me to take, so there is a lot of trial and error but it sure is fun learning. Have finished a few projects that I found
both here and on anvilfire and they actually turned out fairly well (to my
surprise:)) and am looking forward to learning all that I can. Just grateful that there are sites like this to help out and find valueable info on.
Thanks , J Rose

JROSE.
Welcome to the site!
There are a few guys on here that are in your area...hopefully they will chime in and say hello. They are good people! Virginia is filled with several guilds as well. I am lucky enough to be involved with Blacksmith Guild of Viriginia - Home If you go to the site there is a pretty good list of other guilds. You should consider joining as many as possible. The more you are a part of the more opportunities there are to learn. Joining the Blacksmith Guild of Virginia is Free! :-)

If you ever want to take a trip out to Amelia Virginia one Saturday you should. We meet out there on the third Saturday of every month. May 19 Brian Gilbert (ABANA's "The Hammers Blow" Editor) will be here. You are welcome to come hang out any time!!!

Peyton Anderson
President, The Blacksmith Guild of Virginia