I Forge Iron

differnet way to make a sculpture

I made this sculpture as a touch lamp, the construction technique is bit different something I thought up almost by accident, its just lots of little scrap pieces of 20ga cut very jagged and tack welded togheter with an intentional gap beteen. Makes for an interesting effect, and its not actually very difficult to do, could make any shape any size without it getting any harder to do,

post-1781-0-23119500-1341101958_thumb.jp

post-1781-0-01088400-1341101987_thumb.jp

G'day woodsmith. Mate, I'd have alook if the photos were sized down some. You need to find out how to do this with whatever system you're using. I think a lot of people are having a look, finding how big the photos are and moving on..........

thanks for the advice, didnt realize they would load slowly for some users, have to fix that in the future
https://sites.google.com/site/badgerblacksmiths/gallery
hope this works for now, dead tree sculpture is in the middle of the page
just wanted to throw out this construction technique for other creative minds
Woodsmith

• 2 weeks later...

I made this sculpture as a touch lamp, the construction technique is bit different something I thought up almost by accident, its just lots of little scrap pieces of 20ga cut very jagged and tack welded togheter with an intentional gap beteen. Makes for an interesting effect, and its not actually very difficult to do, could make any shape any size without it getting any harder to do,

That tree stump is fantastic... I make birds from steel and am just about to start doing a tree as a perch and so glad I looked at yours...perfect. Simple and so effective. mine would have ended up to complicated. Really love yours ...Great