I Forge Iron

Junkyard helve hammer build update video

thanks, the rim and tire will still be removable from the hub it will just have the short length of 1" axle welded to it so I think you could still get it on a tire changer, that particular spare has a nice flat tread face, Im speculating that it may get reall good grip with little or no air pressure, and possible adjusting air pressure may be nice way to tune the slip clutching effect

If you do weld that pin to the wheel you must dismount the tire before welding. People have lost there lives welding on wheels with a tire mounted. I know some of you will said I've done that with no problem. I hope I can find the viedo to post where this was tested. It can explode seveeral minutes after the weld is finished as a slow burn can continue inside the tire.

Thank you very much, Ive been near tractor tires that burst from fatuige and overpressure and its quite bang, Ive always taken extreme caution cutting into tanks regardless of what was stored in them, but the tire issue had not occurred to me, Ill take a look at the link and take steps to remain intact and seeing from both eyes,
Thanks again Woodsmith

when I was doing Ag repair work a farmer once told me how he used to sit on the horizontal pressure tank of his compressor while he aired up tires and such, on day when he wasnt sitting there, it threw a spark down in the tank and ignited the pressurized mix of oil vapor and air, the explosion obliterated everything nearby, and Ive heard worse stories of compressors taking walls right out of shops, my point being, dont take a torch, welder, or even an abrasive wheel to an enclosed container and figure its safe just because it wasnt a gas tank
Woodsmith