I Forge Iron

Success.....

Dave Huntress

well over the weekend I finished my hood and piped in the vent. Had to use a stainless steel ceramic insulated vent pipe thru the wood wall. Around here it's code and it's safe but a 2' section was $140.... with that said I was only able to use 6" vent pipe but it seems to work pretty good. With the electric blower I never had the speed past 2-1/2 with the flue open just a tad in the tuyere... I tested it out on twisting some 3/4" steel and some 1/2". nice and hot so I'm happy with results. I already have a paying job to do with the forge that I have to modify a springer front end (motorcycle parts) and change them over to twisted legs from the factory tubular legs. The twist isn't a continuous same direction like a railing would use but it goes clockwise and counter clockwise to achieve a certain look the customer is going for...anyway, check out the pics.... and thanks for looking.. oops....pics not loading.....try again later