I Forge Iron

Buffalo Forge Co. Blower mdl. 700

Hello, new to the forum and already asking for help :/

Anyway, I have an opportunity to buy a Buffalo Forge model 700 blower (I'm guessing the 700 is the cfm [cubic feet/ minute?] output?) for 250 dollars.

The guy bought an old wooden crate for his business ten years ago, and found it brand new inside. Its been sitting in his shop since, unused.

My question is: does the price seem reasonable, and is there any info on the 700? I can't find any on google. The pipe comes out of the right side of the blower, but I would like to mount it on the right side of my forge, so are these reversible? Also, would 700cfm be too much for a modified brake drum forge with a table and 2in tuyere pipe? I'm guessing diameter of the tuyere determines the speed of air, so a higher output would blow too fast? My hair drier blower on high tends to blow the coals out of my fire, but that could be because even after a couple months of forging, I've yet to learn proper fire control. I run the forge with little coal, usually just enough to cover the top of the drum, so barely enough to cover the workpiece. There's usually tons of yellow smoke, flames a foot or two in the air, etc. All the videos I've seen have little flame, a much smaller hot spot, and tons of coal. So full of questions, though I think they belong in another thread :P

Hey bud, if you find any info on higher No. Buffalo's let me know, Im fighting to find anything on my No.571
The price thing can always be tricky to answer unless its WAY off, mostly its up to your need/want/affordability. If its brand new still in box sounds great to me but I would still try to get it down a bit 250 could be a good deal for a mint blower but I have never purchased any "mint" blacksmithing tools lol!!
As for too much air? I dont see that as a problem, you can easily adjust the flow by adding a damper to the air intake of the blower itself, or if its hand crank, crank slower! :P
With fire control yea that can come with time, but it sounds to me like your not giving yourself enough coal to create the coke-ing effect and burning nothing but green coal~
Best of luck!