I Forge Iron

black/bladesmiths in south eastern georgia

irontanner

Ive been doin bladesmithing for the past 4 years or so but i've never found anyone near me that did anything like that so everything i know was either learned from a boo or self taught. Im past the point of really needing a teacher but i would still like to meet other smiths in the area to learn from/with. If anyone around here is interested you can either reply on here or send me an e-mail at grrtttanner@yahoo.com

Ive been doin bladesmithing for the past 4 years or so but i've never found anyone near me that did anything like that so everything i know was either learned from a boo or self taught. Im past the point of really needing a teacher but i would still like to meet other smiths in the area to learn from/with. If anyone around here is interested you can either reply on here or send me an e-mail at grrtttanner@yahoo.com

irontanner,
you can go online and check out southgablacksmiths.ning.com. they are a guild that branched off from our middle georgia ocmulgee blacksmith guild. great group of people. Randy / OBG

here is a link to an event in Madison GA on May 19,20,and 21 Wish I had the time to make it my self. You never stop learning and I have been blacksmithing since 1988 and I learn from new students as well as seasoned professionals I get a lot from our monthly meeting. This month I was asked to forge out a element it came out ok for a cold never tried item. Now I will go home and try it again and prefect it make an item 10 times and you will be good at it make it 100 times and you will be great at it.
http://www.sbaconference.com/