I Forge Iron

A Directory Website

I'm not sure if this is the correct category for this post, so if it needs to be moved...not a problem.

In most of my hobbies, there is a "directory" website which lists all of the websites out there on the subject. For example, Bob Dunsire (who sadly recently passed away) ran a fantastic website with all the bagpipe related websites on the internet (3800+). In his case, he separated the links into manufacturers, bands (by country, grade, state), commercial vendors, howto, humor, books, clip art... well, you get the idea. As an extension of it, he developed a bagpiping forum similar to this which has become the defacto forum for bagpiping.

So I guess my question, is there such a site out there which I have missed?
The benefits of such a site are obvious, and would be a wonderful addition to the internet. Being new to looking up blacksmithing related stuff on the internet, I thought I might have missed it.

Thanks,
Mark

IForgeIron has such a directory started. IFI also has a links directory, IForgeIron.com > links that is being updated on a regular basis.

The links directory is one of the last sections of the site to be worked on as it was decided that once the contents of the site were posted, the links would follow. No use telling someone about great things going to happen, show them what they are linking to with the IForgeIron link.

If you have list of quality blacksmithing related websites, please send the list to Glenn so we can contact them for an exchange of links.

Thanks for the suggestion.