I Forge Iron

Hammer Handles in Albuquerque. NM

Bentiron1946

This past week my wife and I went to visit some friends in New Mexico. While there I saw this store on Central Ave.(old Highway 66),Santa Fe Tool Co, I guess it would be the east end of it out toward Tajaris Canyon, anyway they had hammer handles for $2 each if you bought three of the same size so I bought nine hammer handles in three different sizes. Nice looking handles, so for $18 plus tax I got me some really nice hammer handles at a price I couldn't get out here.
I also went up the road a ways and found this other store, had "SURPLUS" on the front or it. It had all kinds of stuff, clothing, china, motors(all kinds), vacuum pumps, welders, pipe fitting, some tools, electronics, all kinds of stuff. Anyway I bought a nice 3# hammer for $2. It was made in 1943 and still hadn't been used.
The whole gist of this ramble is if you pass through Albuquerque, NM stop by one of these places and pick up some stuff you don't need. It's just fun to poke around in them. :blink:

This past week my wife and I went to visit some friends in New Mexico. While there I saw this store on Central Ave.(old Highway 66),Santa Fe Tool Co, I guess it would be the east end of it out toward Tajaris Canyon, anyway they had hammer handles for $2 each if you bought three of the same size so I bought nine hammer handles in three different sizes. Nice looking handles, so for $18 plus tax I got me some really nice hammer handles at a price I couldn't get out here.
I also went up the road a ways and found this other store, had "SURPLUS" on the front or it. It had all kinds of stuff, clothing, china, motors(all kinds), vacuum pumps, welders, pipe fitting, some tools, electronics, all kinds of stuff. Anyway I bought a nice 3# hammer for $2. It was made in 1943 and still hadn't been used.
The whole gist of this ramble is if you pass through Albuquerque, NM stop by one of these places and pick up some stuff you don't need. It's just fun to poke around in them. :blink:

I'm glad you had a good time in Albuquerque. For a smith, stumbling across a shop like that can be like a short visit to heaven :) I havent been to the SF Tool Co for some years. You've made me want to spend a Saturday in ABQ. If you ever happen to visit Santa Fe ping me. I am about 40 mins away.

I drove up to Santa Fe. That's where I spent tens years of my life, from age three to thirteen. Some good times and some bad but we drove around for a bit and saw some of the houses I lived in as a child and marveled at how the town has changed and not changed. The Indian School all but torn down, Harrington Junior High gone, the last house I lived in is still there but the library I went to is closed, Palace of the Governor's is still there and the Plaza of course. Lots of traffic and oh my the houses! all over the place. The old air port hanger is torn down now, they were fighting over that in 1959 like crazy, things do change. :o