I Forge Iron

Bi-annual OABA coke run

Hi folks,

I don't know how well known this is, but an OABA member here in Hamilton, Larry, organizes a bulk coke purchase from Alcarb here in Hamilton, twice a year - once in the spring and once in the fall.

The fall run for 2010 was on Saturday and I picked up 400lbs of pea metallurgical coke for $95.00. I'm going to ask Larry if it's okay to post the spring date on this OABA forum, if there is an interest from the S.Ontario smiths here.

Would anyone be interested in being notified about the spring run for 2011, if it's okay with Larry?

• 5 months later...

Hi folks,

I don't know how well known this is, but an OABA member here in Hamilton, Larry, organizes a bulk coke purchase from Alcarb here in Hamilton, twice a year - once in the spring and once in the fall.

The fall run for 2010 was on Saturday and I picked up 400lbs of pea metallurgical coke for $95.00. I'm going to ask Larry if it's okay to post the spring date on this OABA forum, if there is an interest from the S.Ontario smiths here.

Would anyone be interested in being notified about the spring run for 2011, if it's okay with Larry?

hi Sam,

Larry came to my shop one day maybe a year or so ago, what a nice, spry old man he was. I wish I hadnt lost his contact information as I really enjoyed his visit. I remember him talking to me about the coke run, and i think it would be great if you could post the spring/fall run times. Im sure he would approve. I hope him, and you, are doing well.