I Forge Iron

new knife finished and started on anouther

Duke of Nada

Here is a knife I just finished. It is made form a small peace of law mower blade. Wish that I had made the blade a little longer. This is the last one I'll make with pine handles. My dad has a bunch of walnut, oak, ash, popular in his old shed and he isn't able to take advantage of it anymore.

2415343220106538300xvksLG_th.jpg2475876930106538300qMrYiR_th.jpg
I still need to clean some poly off of the blade that ran off of the handle.

Here is my next knife I'm working on. Thinking of putting popular handles on it. I need to sand some down and see what it looks like stained.
2072179020106538300ZsQlat_th.jpg

Thanks, The new blade has some bad hammer marks that I don't think can be sanded and ground out with out making the blade to thin. I hammered out the curve of the lawnmower blade at night in the dark and didn't see which way the hammer was facing. There is now a lantern hanging in my area. I'm thinking about taking it back to the forge and using the corner of the peen on the hammer making a bunch of puck marks and letting it go at that. I would also sand and remove the grinding marks and polish it leaving just the puck marks. Would this look alright or come out looking like country fried crap. All comments are welcome.