I Forge Iron

Work Wanted

One of the Woodworkers on one of my Woodworking Sites has contacted me wanting me to put him in contact with someone in the vicinity of QUEENS, NY.

To:
Hi Mr. Strasil,
I am making a set of heavy oak door faces for a fridge/freezer combination. I am copying a photograph of a set of old doors. The owner wants them "distressed and weathered" to look old and he wants hand forged strap hinges even though they will be decorative. The actual doors are hinged independently. Do you know of a blacksmith who might be interested in this type of work? They are willing to pay to get what they want and what they want is "hand forged". They also want a set of heavy, forged pulls to match. The strap hinges will need to be about 3" wide and 20" long and the pulls should be at least 16" long.

If you are interested and are qualified to do QUALITY work, contact me or Glenn and include a few pics of anything similar you have done, and I will put the two of you in contact.

Respectfully

irnsrgn

One of the Woodworkers on one of my Woodworking Sites has contacted me wanting me to put him in contact with someone in the vicinity of QUEENS, NY.

To:
Hi Mr. Strasil,
I am making a set of heavy oak door faces for a fridge/freezer combination. I am copying a photograph of a set of old doors. The owner wants them "distressed and weathered" to look old and he wants hand forged strap hinges even though they will be decorative. The actual doors are hinged independently. Do you know of a blacksmith who might be interested in this type of work? They are willing to pay to get what they want and what they want is "hand forged". They also want a set of heavy, forged pulls to match. The strap hinges will need to be about 3" wide and 20" long and the pulls should be at least 16" long.

If you are interested and are qualified to do QUALITY work, contact me or Glenn and include a few pics of anything similar you have done, and I will put the two of you in contact.

Respectfully

irnsrgn

Your message box is full.

irnsrgn,
I think these pulls would work and I can do matching hinges....did similar in Florida for a huge set of garage doors..all hardware was for show, but I have done functional ones as needs be.
Have a look at the "Door Pulls" on the bottom of the page. They are mortice and tenon and riveted..no modern welds. All parts textured..wax finish.
http://www.doorcountyforgeworks.com/Furniture_and_Home_Accents.html
Ric