I Forge Iron

Happy Father's Day

HWooldridge

Happy Father's Day to you too! Do you ever wonder what went through your old man's head when he saw you for the first time? Or maybe better yet when your mother told him he was going to be a father. What kind of dreams did he have for you, did he really care at all, what did he worry about, maybe you making the same stupid mistakes he'd made along the way. The most striking thing I remember today was when I told my old man I'd enlisted in the Navy, he broke down and cried, but he was proud, he just didn't want me to go to war. He hated war but knew the need for it to keep us free from tyranny so he said but he still cried because I wasn't just a kid anymore. I was moving beyond that and he said that made him feel very old. I always miss him when days like this come around. I wonder if my sons will me much at all when I'm gone, I wonder how they will fare in this future we face? Happy Father's Day and may the Lord Most High bless you all. Jerry