I Forge Iron

Fireset brooms

A couple of thoughts on this.

I have made a few and simply buy a bristle brush and bolt it on to the frame work I make. This is good because inevitable such brushes wear out due to contact with hot surfaces. It is easy for the customer to change the brush.

I actually have made brushes a bespoke size and shape. Find out how tall the customer is and whether left or right handed. What I think is cute is then to put a slight rake in the brush handle and make it just the correct length so it reaches the ground without the user bending.

I also sometimes put the same slight rake in the rake (if I can use that expression). That is so that when the rake handle is held in a relaxed right hand the business end of the rake is dead horizontal.

If you include a twist in your design for the rake that is where to put the degree of twist needed.

I thaught about doing the (ad on) broom solution but never found a broom I liked enough.
Plus I like trying new stuff.
I'll see what I find first, a nice broom to ad on a forged handle or nice broomcorn to corn on a broomed corned forge.(I need some rest now).

Naz

Try RE Caddy company, everything for broom makers - http://www.recaddy.com/ec/index.php?osCsid=e1684418d00ebedf56304b053bd8f261

I did send a message concerning their shipping rates in Canada and never had an answer in over 2 weeks.
Guess i'll try again ! Thanks !

Naz