I Forge Iron

Looking to visit Florida smiths

Hi all,

I’m going to be in Orlando until May 17th and would really like to visit some smiths in the area. I looked on the FABA website, but the events are all pretty far from Orlando. I might be able to make it to The SE event on the 15th but if anyone closer to Orlando is open to visits that would be fun too.

I’ve been smithing for several years in my spare time and I especially like making tools. I’ve never had the chance to work with coal or charcoal as both are far too expensive to get in Bermuda. I started on propane and then moved to waste vegetable oil which is working extremely well (and it’s free!).

I’d be happy to meet people of any experience level, either just to watch or maybe we could make something that takes two people or a power hammer.

Ben

I am about 2.5 hours away if you feel like driving down would be glad to have you down to my shop. I will check with the chapter president to see if the 15th meeting for the south east is closer seeing that it has not been anounced. I run a coal forge most of the time and have gas as well. if you can't get down in lake wales is bok tower lots of samuel yellin ironworks

Ok, the forum messenger says I'm banned from that conversation and it's gone from my list of conversations. Not sure what that's all about.

Anyway, do you think the meeting on the 15th will be at the Indiantown Boyscout Camp like it says in the schedule, or is that just the default because Ralph lives near there?