I Forge Iron

Beautiful Titanium Damascus

I posted this earlier in a thread on titanium swords, later realized it was a very old thread that people might not take notice of. You can't laminate or forge weld titanium? Don't tell my buddy Tom Ferry that! He makes pattern-welded titanium all the time.

http://www.tomferryknives.com/timascus.html

post-8656-12675146722366_thumb.jpg

WOW!!!
I'm not into making weapons myself (but totally respect the techniques/work involved). Almost want to now!. I've got a small pile of titanium from the days when you used to be able to roam free round scraps yards. Elf and Safety nazis more or less means its a no no now. LOVE titanium

Did you go to his website and see the rest of what he does. Does fantastic engraving, sitting in front of a magnifying glass all day with little engraving tools , wow!

Sure did - I'm kinda thinking he's a reincarnated "artisan to the crown".
Rivals just about anything I've seen in a museum!!

Sure did - I'm kinda thinking he's a reincarnated "artisan to the crown".
Rivals just about anything I've seen in a museum!!

Yeah Tom is a great guy... But he makes me mad <_< The guy has more skill in his pinky than I have in my whole body.. He truly is a metal artist. He would say he is not a blacksmith but his forge work is jaw dropping. A couple of conferences ago he brought a life size damascus turtle he had made.... unbelievable

Larry,
Yeah, I have to admit, I had my moment of "grumble -grumble - man, if I had his talent/skill/dedication - grumble-grumble . . ."

But it passed quickly and my awe at what he's doing took over and leads me to second Beth's sentiment of being glad that he's out there as a shining example of artistry and craftsmanship!!

Sometimes it's tough looking at work like this because it's hard to imagine you'll ever measure up. To be the best at anything it has to become your all-consuming passion. All day, everyday, it has to be all you think about. Then you can do it. Then there's folks who just accomplish way too much. It's a sobering thought for me to realize that by the time Mozart was my age, he'd been dead for thirty years!

What is it with you guys in the PNW? Is it the water or what? Something about making things stick together that don't want to.
Tom Ferry, James Binion- who else you got hiding up there?
That is superb workmanship! Thanks for posting Grant....I think- Now I'll go back to my simple and hummble little work. . . . . . . . . ..