I Forge Iron

new forge, welded from scrap

junker

It will work but the cutouts in the side may be a bit too low as you will have to build up the fire to get the necessary depth. I do this in the rivet forge just by filling it with coal and pushing it in to the fire as needed. If this is the case do what I did and weld a couple of strips into the cutout at the correct level once you have used the forge a fewe times. This may be made a bit "worse" if you end up lining for forge with some clay, while it helps shape the base of the fire pot it also raises the fire level.

The tuyere will work but I find a few bars of rebar welded in rows works better than holes in a plate. I found just holes get clogged too easily.

The size of your ash dump should not matter to your air volume. Just seal it up and the air only have one way to go. Better too large than too small.

Consider welding a couple of bits of pipe on one side at the cut out so you can mount a frame for long pieces to lay on while heating.

All up, a functional forge from bits 'n pieces.

Cheers