I Forge Iron

Falx/Rhomphaia?

ok so im about to make a Dacian falx sometime soon. For those who have no clue its a sword/polearm with a forward curved blade. Now im relatively new to blacksmithing and have no idea how I would temper a blade with a forward curve... and also need help on making the blade itself sharper. Here are some pictures.

Use the Japanese method and employ clay to make a hardened edge with a softer middle - or - harden the whole thing in oil and temper the entire blade in an oven.

Can sharpen with a hand stone but it may take a while. Could also use a right angle grinder and fine sanding discs but be careful not to overheat.

thanks man i dont exactly have alot of the tools i use a concrete fire pit we made during the summer from our old driveway we tore up...but theres is PLENTY of wood around where im from i use. but im sure it will work fine enough. and for the myspace man whered you see me?

A tad off topic but what the heck? I'm the first to admit being a "Try-ard" photographer, but even I could see the compositions here could use some improvement. Somehow or ruther digital cameras just dont do the subject justice. Just trying to be constructive. On the other hand I had a little chuckle at the time warp; maybe that was the intention of the photographer. Well done that person.:)