I Forge Iron

air cylinders, cant find right one

ok guys i was wanting to build a hammer like the KA75, ive looked all over grainger, mcmaster carr, and msc, but cant seem to find where to buy those air cylinders. it appears that the air inlet is in the piston bar, the cylinders are upside down and the bar is held in place while the whole body moves up and down with the hammer head. so anyone know where to get those cylinders, or the specific name of them? also the site sais that there is an up cylinder and a down cylinder, iver herd of cylinders that are single acking, but ive only seen them that push out, any idea?

thanks guys

Yes, those cylinders are built from scratch. My original one had two lines going through the rods. Actually worked better. Tougher to build. Those had smaller cylinders, but both pushed up and down. The newer version uses one cylinder for up and the other for down. I made about 50 machines and Bob has built 200 or so. They also have a special expansion plug to attach them to the ram.

Edited by nakedanvil