I Forge Iron

Neat hidden tang link

MetalMuncher

Hidden Tang - Step by Step - British Blades :: Custom Knife Making

Thats the link :) Hope you like it. Do you guys think its strong enough? I would probably put better rivets and peen them over. Might be stronger. Any ideas? I just dont like the whole burning hidden tang wood handle thing. I can never get it snug enough. Good luck and God bless!!!

Thanks for the link. Knives aren't my strong point but, it looks like it will work well for a small knife like this.

The wood to wood construction is plenty strong in this case. If I were doing it I would pass at least one rivet through the tang and/or drill two or three holes in the tang and use a fiber filled epoxy to secure the tang. An alternative would be a couple of cold chisle cut barbs for an interference fit in finial assembly.

I have a large bowie blade with a similar tang size that I've put off putting a handle on for years simply because I didn't care for the weak construction on a large blade.

It is a demonstration piece made by a master knife maker that I picked up on a
blacksmithing conference auction. All I really need to do is silver solder a lager tang
on it but that another story.