I Forge Iron

forge burner blues....

rynegold

So I've built, redone several forges but in resurrecting this one, I find that the burners don't burn evenly. I've tried/looked at any possibility here and can't see what I'm missing. Here's a little vid of a test firing and of course, without back pressure it's hard to see how they will work in the forge but I didn't have time this morning. everything is the same on both sides, and the pipe fittings/migs tips free from any restrictions. Still they don't burn/fire evenly! And, I'm wondering if I can get weld heat from these two or, if I'll need to go back to a three burner setup?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISS2...ature=youtu.be

Lastly, it's come to my attention that a "blown forge" (I guess that means an electrically powered squirrel cage blower design?) is the best/hottest forge design for welding up billets for Damascus knives. So any thoughts on that too. If that/the squirrel cage blown forge is the hottest I can make, then does anyone know of a site w/plans for such?

I guess I should add that I'm an ABS journeyman bladesmith and have considerable ability to make my own forges, just need a direction here. 

tia, mitch