I Forge Iron

VA Blacksmithing Event Invite

The Blacksmith Guild of Virginia is having its next meeting on August 18th from 10am-3pm at:
Yesteryear Forge
15421 Five forks Rd.
Amelia VA 23002

The Demonstrator is Dick Nietfeld (Shady Grove Blacksmith Shop). Dick is bringing Mike's new anvil and doing a demonstration for us as well. This is a neat opportunity to see the largest Refflinghaus anvil ever made. It is close to 1265 pounds of cast tool steel. This is the first one to be made in over 25 years! And the only one they know of in North America. He will also have a few other smaller anvils for purchase. His wife will also be on hand selling her hand made brooms. Dick is an extremely talented smith and will be showing us a few things including is unique shovel mold technique. This will also be his first demonstration ever in Virginia.

Mike's shop has plenty of room for everyone. It is free to attend whether you are a member or not. We do ask you consider bringing an item for Iron In The Hat. We also ask you let us know if you are planning on attending because we feed you as well free of charge.

Everyone is welcome! Please call me or email me, or reply here to let me know if you are thinking of coming. I will be more than happy to help you with directions if needed.

I hope to see some of you guys there. This is certainly going to be a day for the record books. Don't miss out!!!

Peyton Anderson
President. Blacksmith Guild of Virginia
president@blacksmithguildofva.com
Blacksmith Guild of Viriginia - Home