I Forge Iron

Hollis work in old Anvil's Ring

I was reading Volume 20 Number 3 (Winter 1992-93) of The Anvil's Ring... okay... I was looking at the pitchers... and found Hollis Wooldridge had a garden gate entered. Purty darn nice looking gate, Hollis!

Is it coincidence that your entry is in the same issue as the musical score to "The Blacksmith's Song"? According to the Anvil's Ring, this song was first performed in 1828 at the "George and Vulture" tavern, and was approved and adopted by the Worshipful Company of Blacksmiths. I think I was sick that night. Dang.

Ed,

Thanks, I think that was one of two identical garden gates I did for a local contractor. After I worked for a couple days applying a clear coat, they installed and promptly painted them black - oh well. Also my first gates and the largest things I had then done to date. It was purely coincidence that it was in an issue with the song 'cause I ain't moosical... :cry:

In some issue prior to that, I wrote a long boring account of restoring an anvil but I can't recall what year or issue - probably mid to late '80's.