I Forge Iron

TFS anvils

Just wondering if anyone out there has one of the TFS smithy special anvils. I've been looking at them more as they seem to have a much wider face than others I have seen. I actually prefer a wider face to a narrower one even though someothers prefer the later. I have noticed as I work on my 230lbs PW anvil that I can see that the double horn of these TFS anvils and that extra width would be a much more convenient surface to work on. They seem to be very substantial in the right places, I just have never came across one to check it out in person.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated

Thanks, Scott

Hello Scott. I am not familiar with the "smithy special" anvil. I used and sold TFS anvils for a number of years. TFS (Texas Farrier Supply) makes both London pattern and double horn anvils in a variety of sizes. I was quite happy with them and I quit being a dealer due to business conditions on my end. I have one and could refer you to several owners around the northwest who use them. Daryl Nelson bought several that he uses in his school in Eatonville, WA. I feel they are a good anvil and at the time, were reasonably priced. I have been out of the retail business for several years and I don't know how prices are now.

Hello Scott. I am not familiar with the "smithy special" anvil. I used and sold TFS anvils for a number of years. TFS (Texas Farrier Supply) makes both London pattern and double horn anvils in a variety of sizes. I was quite happy with them and I quit being a dealer due to business conditions on my end. I have one and could refer you to several owners around the northwest who use them. Daryl Nelson bought several that he uses in his school in Eatonville, WA. I feel they are a good anvil and at the time, were reasonably priced. I have been out of the retail business for several years and I don't know how prices are now.

Thank you for the response. I did talk with owner of the Blacksmith depot the other day in detail about these anvils he sells.I very nice gentleman, he said they used a 300lbs one for years in their shop and they sell a ton of them every year and have not had any troubles with them.
I may take you up on the referals to other shops that own these, thank you. I'm still kicking the tires on a few brands right now.
Thanks again for the imput....Scott