I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing Basics Video

I made a short video with the director of KHS (Kentucky Horseshoeing School) as part of what I hope to be a series of forging videos. The vids made for the KHS will focus mostly on horseshoes and the design and modification of, as well as shoeing and trimming. I hope to do other vids with myself and other instructors of the school that might show basic to advanced forging and welding techniques, tool building, tempering and anvil repair. Till the videos section is up and running I used youtube, the video I uploaded is around 400mb and 9min long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uonkj0U28ZI
Straightening a Horseshoe filmed at the new Kentucky Horseshoeing School in Richmond Ky.

I didn't go to school to be a filmmaker but I hope the videos improve over time, please let me know what you think, and anything thoughts on what could make these videos better, as well as any requests you might have for future videos, Thanks!

Wesley

Edit: The video is still being processed by youtube and may need some time to get cleaned up, also sorry for the background noise, its the forge blower, if we can afford some wireless mic's we should have that problem fixed.

nice Job on the video. I was part of one that was on tv here you can check it out on my web site www.nokomisforge.com It was done by a tv crew. The bigest part is the sound and picture timing when it comes to editing.

Thanks for the tips, Im still getting my feet wet with pinnacle studio so I have a ways to go with my editing and transitions. I like the ground up info from your vid, I hope to do a lot in that area for our students that have no smithing background.