I Forge Iron

Little Giant International

Well today I went to go buy my first batch of coal, The only supplier in the area is sid at little giant. ( he said he's the only one crazy enough to carry it) All I can say is that sid is awesome.

You pull up and in the parking lot there must be 20 -25 power hammers just sitting there. You go inside and sid is working in the shop and his daughter is answering the phones. He helps you load the coal. He showed me the whole shop, how he rebuilds the hammers, even told me where he gets the parts.

He fired up a freshly rebuild "better than new" power hammer (not sure what size) and showed me how it worked. Showed me some of the things he's made. Told me about other smiths in the area that could help me. Told me about books that would help me. Showed me the anvils he sells. I must have been in the shop for almost an hour.

I know where I'm going for anything I need that he sells, first stop without a second thought no matter the price.