I Forge Iron

Hi ... from Wolfe Island Ontario

Hugh

Hello everyone,

I just joined the forum. I'm new to smithing having taken some training last year with David Robertson. I just built my own shop, joined the OABA and am looking forward to moving down the learning curve this year.

My initial interest is historic smithing. While working on basic skills in iron, I hope to spend as much time as I can find making bronze tools, arrowheads, and reproductions of other early artifacts.

Anyway, hi. I'm looking forward to learning from the people on the forum.

Regards,
Hugh

Welcome Hugh. There are several of us all nearby to you. There are a couple of locals besides myself that are on this forum too. JCAIN is on Marble Rock Rd. off highway 32 north of Gananoque, Rickasso is in Kingston, and I am out in Lyndhurst. There are several other Blacksmiths in this area as well, so you are not alone. You can PM me anytime for more info.:D

Terry

Welcome aboard Hugh, glad to have ya.

Forging bronze is fun if you have the right type, some are pretty unforgable, others very work nicely.

If you'll click "User CP" and edit your profile to show your location folks won't have to try remembering where you are so they can let you know about get togethers, tool deals and such.

Frosty