I Forge Iron

Another forge welded bundle

Its lovely, and an impressive interpretation of hummingbird. I am assuming that your photos illustrate a successfull result with fig 7 and fig 6 illustrating you version of reject, i.e. two seperate pieces.
If this is the case then with the wings could you use a local heat with small gas nozzleand rotate the wings to a more appropriate pitch and realize satisfaction.
Just a thought shame to bin it..:o

It's the same pieces in all the pictures. I only have a forge, no torches. I'll make another when someone wants one. I'll leave it as is so others can see what not to do. It only takes about an hour if you're not taking pictures. I'm making a squid right now with the same technique. They're just examples for an upcoming class.

im amazed by the bird and the squid you make it look so easy - like all my fave forged things they look like they have been made out of plasticine not metal! they are both lovely and i dread to think what my work is if those are failures!! Respect to you - you are a perfectionist!