I Forge Iron

What's up in February.

Hi guys,
Sorry for the lateness of this post, but if you're not busy this Saturday the OABA meeting will be in milton and Waldie's Blacksmith shop.
Hope to finally meet some of you.
Sam

FEBRUARY
Saturday February 14
Waldie's Blacksmith Shop, Milton ON
Forge welding - Lloyd Johnson and Mick Smith
These two well known and experienced blacksmiths will demonstrate the basic principles of forge welding. Lloyd will illustrate the use of fluxes, Mick will work without.

Llyod has asked that all those intending on participating / watching closely make sure they bring : GLASSES / leather aprons / gloves
He is concerned for people who wear nylon winter jackets in the close confines of the Waldie forge area.

As usual there will be a chili lunch available for those who wish to partake. Cost is $5.00 and all proceeds go to Waldie's Blacksmith Shop.
Don't forget to bring something for Iron-in-the-Hat.

Waldie

The meeting at Waldie's Forge in Milton was great - it was my first meeting and I'm looking forward to the next one I can attend. The demonstrations were great - I learned 2 different techniques for forge welding - with and without flux. Can't wait to try them.

Also found out that Waldies's shop is available to OABA members who are also menbers of the Milton Historical Society who need shop space to work. The cost is about $20.00 for the day. Picked up a MHS application sheet and I'm sending it in with a cheque this week - I NEED SHOP SPACE :D

OABA is a great organization - glad I joined.

Sam

[Also found out that Waldies's shop is available to OABA members who are also menbers of the Milton Historical Society who need shop space to work. The cost is about $20.00 for the day.]

I thought Darwin said it was $20.00 for 4 hours....or did he correct himself later?

I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the meeting.
Mick and Lloyd are some of the best presenters going.

Keep an eye on the website for upcoming meetings. I'm going to be editing the OABA Newsletter (The Iron Trillium) and if you have any ideas for how-to articles that you would like to see....let me know