I Forge Iron

Fires in Victoria in Oz

irnsrgn

G'Day all , yep am safe ( for the moment anyway )

130 dead ( they expect this number to go past 200 ) , 700 + house destroyed

Have a fire to the left of us now , " Elvis " & his brothers & sister's are landing & takin' off every 20 minutes over the road

Lot's of smoke around ( but not as much as Saturday nite )

Will keep every 1 updated on what doing on

Sadly thou do have to report the lost of some of my wifes family . Killed in the fires around Kinglake , for those AUSSIE'S who read this will know the name Brian Naylor

He & his wife where foind in the burnt out remains of their house

Dale Russell

Dale, mate glad to see youse typin' here. Glad to hear that the Mrs and Chase are ok. Sincere sorrow to hear of the personal family loss. It is AMAZING in that all the years we have typed on chats we now have another place in this particular thread to communicate during a crisis. Thank you Glenn for the bandwidth.

Dale:

Do you know Bele Beke, a smith that lives in Kinglake? He used to hang out in the Sandbox E-mail list when it was affiliated with Artmetal. I haven't heard from him in some time and am hoping he and his are okay.

Frosty

G'Day all ,
3.25 pm Tuesday .

New fire heading our way , looks like it'll cut the hwy about 6 km's back towards Melbourne .

Got another to the left of us as well . wind keeps changing direction & is making it hard for fire fighters .

As much as i'd like ta stay & save my property Sue put her foot down & told me if it get's close " we're " GOING

Cars are packed with some personal items , the rest don't matter ...............

Thank you to every 1 who's rang to see if i'm ok

Will keep you all informed as to situation

Dale Russell

Dale,
my family will be prayin for your family, it's amazing how everyone here is all worried about the economy and all. Sometime it takes a shock to see what is really important, If something happens to your stuff, I'll be glad to send some help, material or monetary, god bless pal.

Yes,
I was talking to Dale Russell last night (Monday 2-9-09) about mid-night (USA Rocky Mountain time).
Dale said that he could hear debris landing on his tin roofs. He could also hear the helicopters fly over quite often.
Shortly after midnight, he said the danger was over for him at this time (not his exact words). But he felt that he could now go in and get some sleep.
It sounds like Dale (at least) is OK for now!
I dont know about Moony, Brett, or Mr. Smith!
Ted Throckmorton