I Forge Iron

You might be addicted to blacksmithing if you...

or, if your at the scrap yard and see a large traffic cone covered in grease and dirt, but think you see a cone mandrel..... it happened.

Littleblacksmith

On 7/20/2016 at 4:03 PM, John McPherson said:

You go to Charleston, SC, and educate the licensed tour guide on the ironwork during the Ghost & Cemetery Tour.

On your days off you visit the local town or city museums and spend time with the curator correcting the names and diorama displays of the blacksmith and shop.

Seeing a top tool held upside down by a manikin to represent a hammer gets REALLY old. I used to have a manila folder with honorary museum membership cards and certs. Museum folk really appreciate having someone knowledgeable assist in accurate displays. It's also a good way to get a look in their back rooms where they store stuff.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

you might be addicted to blacksmithing if you......

Take more trips to the scrap yard than you do the grocery store.

Littleblacksmith

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2016 at 6:43 PM, JHCC said:

Well, I wear a CPAP, so drooling at night is not an issue. 

Drooling during the day, on the other hand....

When you drool on your hand to keep handles from slipping in your grip.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Elemental Metal Creations said:

You might be addicted to blacksmithing if you......Keep your anvil, and hammers, in your bedroom because they aren't safe outside.

Yeah, be careful with that: if your spouse doesn't like that, you may find yourself sleeping in the forge. 

2 minutes ago, Anchor B. said:

You may be addicted to blacksmithing if you think the top of an ironing board is kind of like an anvil...the epiphany hit me the other day

Just so long as you didn't try to forge on it!

• 1 month later...