I Forge Iron

Mike Tanner to Demo

Hello all,
We are getting ready for our Feb. meeting on the 21st. Mike "yesteryearforge" Tanner will be our demonstrator.

Mike has been blacksmithing for well over 20 years and owns and operates Yesteryear Forge, Yesteryear School of Blacksmithing, and is the founder of The Blacksmith Guild of Virginia.

Mike's demo will be based solely on scrap plate steel. He will show us his use of scrap plate to create several forged forms that can be used with candle holders, sculptural bases, and several other applications. Mike does not demonstrate very often. He usually is the facilitator behind the scenes and it will be a great day with him out front showing off his skills!

All are welcome!
We will get under way at about 9:30am with announcements and the demo will run from 10am-about 4:30pm with an hour break for lunch and Iron in the Hat.

The meeting will be at Yesteryear School of Blacksmithing in Crewe VA. Click here for more details and a link for personalized directions:
Blacksmith Guild of Viriginia

Here are a few photos of some pf the forms that will be demonstrated/discussed on the 21st.

Please let me know if you are planning on attending.
Peyton

10941.attach

10942.attach

Edited by primtechsmith

At this time we have some technology road blocks at the school that are keeping us from running the webcam at this time. We are still in the works of building the office/store for the school and will have network cables in at that time to do it. As for now...all I can say is ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also he is teaching a class at the end of March based on his demonstration.

Peyton