Steve Sells

Intro to Heat Treating

33 posts in this topic

While we're on the subject of bulimia (note proper spelling) and the ancient Romans, let's dispense with the mistaken notion that they had special rooms for throwing up so that they could keep on partying. The "vomitorium" was actually the nickname for the exits to the Coliseum, so-called because of the speed with which a large mass of spectators could exit.

On 1/11/2009 at 4:05 PM, Steve Sells said:

At room temperature steel is in a body centered cubic structure. The cubes of steel have an atom at each of the 8 corners of the cube, and one in the center of the box. This is called ferrite.

Steve, just to be clear: shouldn't this read "The cubes of steel have an atom of iron at each of the 8 corners of the cube, and one of carbon in the center of the box"?

yup  I  seem to have dropped that word here.  Thanks

1 minute ago, Steve Sells said:

yup  I  seem to have dropped that word here.  Thanks

Dear God. I corrected Steve Sells on heat treating and lived.

What challenge, what pinnacle of achievement remains to me now? The summit has been reached; all else is long, slow descent into shadow and obscurity.

Being Friday I have to say....Who was that JHCC fellow??????

6 hours ago, JHCC said:

Dear God. I corrected Steve Sells on heat treating and lived.

What challenge, what pinnacle of achievement remains to me now? The summit has been reached; all else is long, slow descent into shadow and obscurity.

i make lots of mistakes, it is not that great of an accomplishment to find one, AND CORRECTION I NOT THE SAME AS A TYPO OR DROPPED WORD ;)