I Forge Iron

Sourcing Kaowool, ITC-100

Greetings all! I'm starting construction of a propane forge and am trying to find kaowool and ITC100 or similar products. I've been looking at the IFI forum (it's huge!!!) Where do you normally find these products? Local boiler repair shops and plumbing suppliers don't seem to have it.
Thanks and what a great site!

The Kaowool or similar should be available from a furnace supplier or a ceramic's supplier though more expensively. I haven't found ITC-100 at a retail supplier but it's easily available in small quantities mail order. I bought mine from Jay Hays as he had the best prices at the time. He carries a full range of forge supplies, including kits and finished units. Contact him for a current price list.

Jay and I have no affiliation other than building forges that rock.

Jay Hayes
C.J. Products Inc. Phone: (304) 269-6111
100 Christmas Place Email: xmas4lites@earthlink.net
Weston, WV 26452

Frosty

I am good friends with Jay and email him a couple times a week.....his current email is jay@hrea.coop I think he still checks the xmas4lites email, but I am not sure how frequently he does so.

I recently found a link to a burner/forge workshop he put on a couple years ago.... interesting little read.

http://www.habairon.org/Sept03/

they also have an old price list that shows some of his available kits (prices outdated) it gives an idea of what he carries....but he has newer models of forges added so contact Jay for an updated list.

http://www.habairon.org/Sept03/HABA-Hayes_Forge_List.pdf

Edited by SLOB