I Forge Iron

BGOP Spring Fling

It never fails. Every time I go to the BGOP Spring Fling, I get so pumped up I can hardly stand it. The food and camaraderie were terrific as always, but I am always stunned whenever I get a chance to experience a Tom Latane demo. I find his mastery of the craft, his carefully complete and lucid teaching style, and his courteous encouraging demonstration techniques to be so riveting that I didn't want him to quit for lunch, dinner, or sleep. I learned more per square inch in his demo than I've experienced since the last time I had time with George Dixon. My only regret is that I'm immersed in shop construction and can't stop everything to immediately practice what we learned. But I keep going over and over it in my head so it will be there when I'm ready. Oh what a weekend :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

I have to agree with Ed's assesment of Tom Latane's Demo. I had just sent an email to a friend last night saying that I thought this was the best demo I had ever seen. I did tear myself away at times to try and catch some of the rest of the proceedings but I kept finding myself right back there every time. Like Ed I had to leave before Tom finished on Sunday and I regret that I couldn't stay till the very end. Tom is both a wonderful teacher and a wonderfly skilled smith.

This was my first Spring Fling but I'm sure I will haveto go back in the future. It was a well organized and incredibly enjoyable event.