I Forge Iron

Hi from the UK

Cybertalis

Hi Everyone, I'm a Welder/Fab of 23 yrs exp (38 yrs Old) based in the south west, though I'm looking to move into the realm of the Smithy. I have some exp but would like to gain qual's LCG ect... Does anyone know of courses availble in my area. Any info greatfully recived.
Best Wishes
Talis

Hi Talis, and welcome, if you go to our website Blacksmiths Guild Home you can get details of what we are about, and whats on up to the end of this year, we are sorting out what to offer in 2009, courses, social events, tool sale, group forging project, along with open days to make stuff you can see on the blueprints pages which are not yet available, but we have details from previous downloads.

(see Blacksmiths Guild UK on groups on this forum for past comments.)

We have a pattern welding course coming up on November 8th and 9th, at Westpoint, and there will be a forgeing day on November 22cnd at Finch Foundry at Sticklepath near to Okehampton, Blacksmiths from near and far will be coming along to that, a competition to make a trivet for those interested, winner gets a trophy and a bottle of whisky, (Free bacon and egg butties and beer to those competing) see the water powered tilt hammer working, blacksmiths demonstrations, firing the anvil, and ironwork on sale and to see. At night there is a gurning competition in the local hostelry if you fancy it.

I have attached a couple of picture from last years event and the pieces made. A good day out for smiths and families, if you come introduce yourself.

Good luck with your new venture into the world of smithing.

9228.attach

9229.attach